Veda2.0 Released!

Parameter update in SubRES_Trans file

I have defined the following process in the SubRES file:

The efficiency is updated in the SubRES-Trans file in the first row of the following table:

The second row of the update-table refers to another process, which uses the VEDA parameter CEFF. However, VEDA creates additional entries for parameter ACT_EFF related to different commodity groups (even commodity groups without any relation to the process, e.g. CHSE):
Why are these entries created and how can I avoid it? I noticed that the problem occurs only with VEDA4 and does not occur with VEDA3.
Thank you,
David
You have the climate module activated, so the CH4-* commodities have been defined by default. You can get rid of them in the filters by using the Top_Check column.

But I see something strange: If you have reported all the input declarations for this process above, then UPD tag seems to be creating CEFF records. I would expect the CEFF row to be ignored in the UPD table and I would use an INS table instead.

Note that you are using the transformation table headers of version 3. There is backward compatibility but I strongly recommend that you move to version 4 format. At least, try this case in version 4 format and let me know if that fixes the issue. I understand that you might need to stick to version 3 format if you are still not sure about the migration.
Hi Amit,
yes, I reported all input declarations for this process and the UPD tag creates CEFF records.
I took your advice and changed the UPD table using the new table header format. It works, the CEFF row is ignored then.
I guess, I will have to convert all UPD tables into the new format before using VEDA4.
Thank you and regards
David
Good, but did you accomplish your basic objective?
I will try to fix VFE so that the old headers work better with the new version.
My basic problem was, that the efficiencies of many processes were to low because of unnecessary additional CEFF records. After changing the table header fromat this problem is solved.
However, if it is possible to improve the compatibility of the old table headers with the new VFE version, this would make it very much easier for me to use the new VFE4. Otherwise I will have to check all UPD tables carefully for incongruities.
Regards
David
I have another problem related to the SubRES_Trans file. I cannot update FLO_SHAR values:
e.g. I have the following process in the SubRES:
I would like to adapt the share of RSDAHT in the SubRES_Trans file with the following table:
However, after the import I get the message "UPD table row did not enerate any records". What can I do?
Thank you
David
I think you should use the full group name here (in Other_indexes): RHUNSOL302_NRGI.
Or you could also leave this field blank, because you probably wouldn't have any other Share groups defined for this commodity.

HTH,
Antti
Thanks for the tip!
I left the field "Other_Indexes" blank and now it works.