Veda2.0 Released!

FIT in TIMES
HI
I am recently trying to estimate the impact of FIT for selected renewable energy technologies on overall energy supply system in Japan. I understand that in TIMES there are couple of parameters like FLO_SUB, NCAP_FSUB etc which are suitable for such estimation. But I am wondering how to activate them in the model if the basic model structure doesn't include the tax/subsidy component.
My idea is to provide around 30cent/kwh of FIT tariff support for the solar technologies like ESOPV105 and 20 cents/kwh FIT support for EWIND105 and EWIND205 for 20 years of plant life.
Any idea for beginner in this area how to proceed with TIMES-VEDA?
Anindya LOL
In TIMES, almost all parameters are activated by themselves when they are specified. So, you don't need to do anything special to activate the subsidy parameters. You can just specify the parameters in a scenario file, and include that scenario in the model run.

Only some special parameters, such as the lumpy investment parameters or damage costs, require special activation switches and/or parameters in order to be taken into account.
From a theoretical point of view I wonder if it is really achievable to implement a feed-in tariff in TIMES. All parameters listed above implement subvention, that means that the producer will be receive the subvention PLUS the price of the market. If you put these subvetions to 0, you won't prevent the model from investing if it is economic, so this is no tarriff.
You can also implement a market option, meaning you can export solar electricity with a fixed price, but this means you can't use your electricity in your anergy system anymore (otherwise it would be paid the market price).
I wonder if waht I say is stupid, is there any way to implement really a tarriff (meaning if you put it to 0 you have no investment and it still can be used in the energy system) ?