Veda2.0 Released!

VEDA Backend Export Interruption
Hello everyone,

during VEDA backend export messages show up that interrupt the export process (e.g. see the following exemplary message):

"Selected element ... for dimension ATTRIBUTE is missing. Proceed with the task?"

Could it be possible that these messages show up at the end of the export process and thus, do not interrupt the export process anymore?

Kind regards,

Sem
(26-09-2017, 03:21 PM)SEM Wrote: Hello everyone,

during VEDA backend export messages show up that interrupt the export process (e.g. see the following exemplary message):

"Selected element ... for dimension ATTRIBUTE is missing. Proceed with the task?"

Could it be possible that these messages show up at the end of the export process and thus, do not interrupt the export process anymore?

Kind regards,

Sem

Hi Sem,

Could you explain what are you trying to do?
(26-09-2017, 03:39 PM)Vikrant Wrote:

Kind regards,

Sem

Hi Sem,

Hi Vikrant,

I want to export result tables from VEDA BE to Excel (by using the tablemaster). While processing, messages as the example above show up and interrupt the export process. As a consequence, the user has to stay and watch this export process by clicking 'yes' for each message. Thus, I was wondering if it is possible to show up these messages at the end of the export process and thus, to save time and avoid 'stops' while exporting the results?

Thanks and kind regards,

Sem
(26-09-2017, 04:02 PM)SEM Wrote:

Kind regards,

Sem

Hi Sem,

Hi Vikrant,

I want to export result tables from VEDA BE to Excel (by using the tablemaster). While processing, messages as the example above show up and interrupt the export process. As a consequence, the user has to stay and watch this export process by clicking 'yes' for each message. Thus, I was wondering if it is possible to show up these messages at the end of the export process and thus, to save time and avoid 'stops' while exporting the results?

Thanks and kind regards,

Sem

Sem, Right now there is no way to skip them. 

But yes we will review this and will make appropriate changes to handle this important missing elements message in more significant way.
(26-09-2017, 04:51 PM)Vikrant Wrote:
(26-09-2017, 04:02 PM)SEM Wrote:

Kind regards,

Sem

Hi Sem,

Hi Vikrant,

Thanks and kind regards,

Sem

Sem, Right now there is no way to skip them. 

But yes we will review this and will make appropriate changes to handle this important missing elements message in more significant way.

Thanks!
Hi Vikrant,

I think that an option to have VBE ignore "missing table element in table definition" and well as the "duplicate set entries" error during Export and UpdateXLS from the Options menu would be quite useful --- though the user needs to be well aware of possible mistakes in the tables if activated.
g2
Hi Vikrant,

I was wondering what the current status of the reviewing process of the above mentioned suggestion is?
It would be really helpful if the BE export process of the tablemaster is not interrupted by messages and instead, showing these messages as a summary at the end of the export process.

Kind regards,

SEM