Veda2.0 Released!

Problem with database since installing new VEDA-BE
(15-12-2017, 05:05 PM)DanWelsby Wrote: Hello all,

Since I installed the new version of VEDA-BE last month I have had consistent problems with getting the results to look sensible - for example existing tables for fossil fuel consumption which have process sets for the main sectors (industry, residential, electricity generation, etc.) are showing up consumption levels way below what they should be (e.g. US gas consumption should be about 30,000 PJ in 2015 but is showing up as 2000). I presume there is some kind of bug which is preventing all the results from being read properly?

Last night I deleted the existing database I had in VEDA-BE and reloaded a copy from a shared drive. The results from the very same tables then looked absolutely fine. 

However this morning, after leaving the computer on to load some runs into VEDA-BE, the consumption results have gone back to being far too low. 

If I can avoid having to reload the database every time I turn the computer back on (and reload all the runs) that would obviously be very helpful but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Dan Welsby

Hi Dan,

Do you get the right result displayed when you hover over a number? Many students in the class I am teaching are experiencing a similar problem. I wonder what to do about it...

Best,
Olexandr

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with database since installing new VEDA-BE - by olexandr - 05-01-2018, 02:59 AM