Veda2.0 Released!

stock!!
Good morning again!!
My model is running!!haha
But I have a new problem now. I would like to give the model the capacity installed in the base year and give it to decide if install or not new capacity in the following years. The problem is that when I use the parameter prc_resid the model doesn't install new capacity.
Is there a way to do this??
Thanks again!

Could it be related with NCAP_PASTI??

Yes, there is a way to do this.

When there are RESIDs in the Base templates, VEDA-FE automatically generates NCAP_BND parameters with interpolation option 2, and these are causing the zero upper bounds for the new capacity. In a scenario file, you can change these NCAP_BND interpolation options to zero values.  For example, if the processes for which you wish to allow new capacity have names E*00 and IE*00, you could use the following TFM_INS table:

(Note that TFM_UPD cannot be used here, because it does not update interpolation options).

Indeed, you could also use NCAP_PASTI for defining the existing capacities, thereby avoiding the zero NCAP_BNDs. But using RESIDs can often be more convenient.
And there is a way to mark when the installation of the process started?? And how much life is left??
I think this could be quite important in the final ojective value if the horizon is shorter than the technology's life.
I am not sure what you mean by this question. 
But anyway: If you allow new capacity to be installed for technologies that also have a residual capacity defined by RESID, the new capacity for such processes will be handled in the same way as for separate "new technology" processes. For example, the lifetime of any new capacity installed will be taken into account exactly in the same way as for other processes. (On the other hand, the lifetime has no impact on the phase-out of the residual capacity, if such has been defined).
And there is a way to mark when the installation of the process started?? And how much life is left?
From VBE, VAR_Ncap gives the year of new installations; and hence, the remaining life time can  be calculated from the lifetime of the process!
I believe that for past investments, you can use NCAP_PASTI and this should take account of the technology lifetime.  So if your base year is 2000 and you define NCAP_PASTI for a process with a lifetime of 15 years in 1990, the capacity will drop to 0 around 2005.

Hello,

I got a problem with PRC_RESID / STOCK.

I defined PRC_RESID for two years, e.g. PRC_RESID~2010 and PRC_RESID~2020, to ensure a constant technology capacity. The investment cost of this stock is presented as annual investment costs over the years 2010 to 2020 and thus generates an additional cost in my model. Is there a way to switch off the ongoing annual investment costs of past technology investments?

I also tried NCAP_PASTI together with NCAP_TLIFE but got the same annual investment cost.

Thanks a lot in advance!

seb

This question is not actually related to VEDA, but to the TIMES model generator. 
But anyway, you are right, investments costs are generated for the past investments in your model, because you have defined investment costs for those processes. However, these capacity-related costs of the past investments have no impact on the solution, because they are only a constant term in the objective function. Currently there is no way to switch off the generation and reporting of these costs in TIMES. But you can get rid of these costs in VEDA-BE tables by filtering out the corresponding past vintages form the investment cost attribute.
Good afternoon,
I have a problem with PRC_RESID/STOCK. I need to specify when the process has been installed. If I use STOCK the technology produces for its whole life.  I have been trying to use NCAP_PASTI, but the problem now is that when I use this, the installed capacity of this technology is zero for all the years.
Can anyone help me with this problem? How can I solve it?
Thanks in advance!

You can use stock with a tilde to give the installed capacity at a certain time:

Stock~2010

Stock~2012

Stock~2013

Existing Installed Capacity

In this case the installed capacity is 5 in the years 2010 to 2012 and 0 in the year 2013.

I hope this helps

seb

The problem is that I think that sotck can't be used for years before the begining of the time horizon.

I would like to specify the year (before the begining if the horizon) in which the process has been installed.
I think that I should use NCAP_PASTI, but I don't know how!!
Thanks again!

You can use NCAP_PASTI with a tilde to give the past capacity installed at a certain time:

NCap_Pasti~1985

NCap_Pasti~1990

NCap_Pasti~1995

Past Installed Capacity

Past Installed Capacity

Past Installed Capacity

In this case there were 2 units of capacity installed in 1985, 3 units in 1990 and 1.5 more units in the year 1995.

So I can use both STOCK and NCAP_PASTI referred to a year before the beginning ot the time horizon. I guess the main difference is that stock is refered to the whole capacity installed in a year and NCAP_PASTI is referes to the new capacity installed in that year. Am I right? Furthermore, I have notice that if I use stock the installed capacity decreases linearly untill the end of the life while using NCAP_PASTI it keep constante during all the years. Is this right?
Thanks again!
NCAP_PASTI stays constant for the LIFE time