VedaSupport Forum
Adding NOx Emissions to DemoS_002 Model Advice - Printable Version

+- VedaSupport Forum (https://forum.kanors-emr.org)
+-- Forum: VEDA Front End (https://forum.kanors-emr.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Questions and Observations (https://forum.kanors-emr.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Adding NOx Emissions to DemoS_002 Model Advice (/showthread.php?tid=537)

Adding NOx Emissions to DemoS_002 Model Advice - mbr1818 - 31-05-2017

Dear Forum, I am attempting to add NOx emissions to an already existing model, DemoS_002. I created a new sector that tracks CO2 emissions from coal used in Industry. I added CO2 and NOX as commodities in the ~FI_COMM table and an emissions factor in the ~FI_T table as well (See screen shot). I have also tried declaring NOX as a commodity via the VEDA_FE drop down menu but had some problems. The model runs to completion but I do not see the NOx emissions in VEDA_BE. I think that I am doing something incorrectly in VEDA_FE but I am a little bit stuck on what to do after reading through the supporting documents. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you! Mike Smile [attachment=273]

RE: Adding NOx Emissions to DemoS_002 Model Advice - Gargiulo - 31-05-2017

Hi Mike, the VEDA table seems right, are you sure the model is using one of these two technologies? Could you upload a screenshot of the VEDA-BE table for these technologies? Regards, Maurizio

RE: Adding NOx Emissions to DemoS_002 Model Advice - mbr1818 - 31-05-2017

(31-05-2017, 11:57 AM)Hi Maurizio,Thank you for your message. Here is a screen shot of the VEDA BE table. It looks like the technologies are being used to me. The only inputs that I specify for the Industry Sector are new and existing coal (in the table the results are in the row "mr_coa_nox2". To try to test this method of adding NOx emissions further I also added NOx emissions to the transport sector. When I look at emissions by sector it only displays CO2 and unfortunately not NOx. Perhaps there is an option in VEDA BE I do not know about or something simple I am missing?I have attached a VEDA BE screen shot and the VEDA FE excel file with transport NOx added. Thank you so much for helping me,Mike  Gargiulo Wrote: Hi Mike, the VEDA table seems right, are you sure the model is using one of these two technologies? Could you upload a screenshot of the VEDA-BE table for these technologies? Regards, Maurizio

(31-05-2017, 11:03 PM)I have also attached the excel document I am using. Even if I replace TRACO2 with TRANOX I still cannot find NOx emissions anywhere in VEDA BE.-Mike  mbr1818 Wrote:
(31-05-2017, 11:57 AM)Hi Maurizio,Thank you for your message. Here is a screen shot of the VEDA BE table. It looks like the technologies are being used to me. The only inputs that I specify for the Industry Sector are new and existing coal (in the table the results are in the row "mr_coa_nox2". To try to test this method of adding NOx emissions further I also added NOx emissions to the transport sector. When I look at emissions by sector it only displays CO2 and unfortunately not NOx. Perhaps there is an option in VEDA BE I do not know about or something simple I am missing?I have attached a VEDA BE screen shot and the VEDA FE excel file with transport NOx added.  Thank you so much for helping me,Mike  Gargiulo Wrote: Hi Mike, the VEDA table seems right, are you sure the model is using one of these two technologies? Could you upload a screenshot of the VEDA-BE table for these technologies? Regards, Maurizio

I think I found my mistake! I have to go into the commodity tab in VEDA BE and add the NOx commodities to be displayed in the emissions by sector table!